Site Allocation Development Policy Consultation – Disley and Newtown
At the meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 10th October 2018, a large number of residents attended to voice their concerns about Cheshire East’s proposal set out in the draft Site Allocations Development Policy to allocate land at Cloughside Farm in Disley as safeguarded land.
Residents’ concerns related to the following:
- The potential use of land in the green belt
- The proposed access to the site is in an unsuitable and dangerous place on a narrow road in a blind spot adjacent to the canal bridge and the only alternative access is privately owned. The canal bridge is also a listed bridge and already subject to increases in traffic flow. Residents are already very concerned about safety on Redhouse Lane with the increase in traffic from the new housing estate still under development together with more through traffic now using Redhouse Lane as a cut through to Marple and New Mills
- The short timescale provided for commenting on the consultation and lack of publicity
In view of these representations which we continue to receive, the Parish Council is submitting this as an initial response to the consultation and to confirm our intention to provide a more informed response to Cheshire East Council soon after the closing date.
Following the adoption of the Local Plan Strategy, Cheshire East Council is preparing additional planning policy documents. These are being consulted on between 11th September and 22nd October 2018. They are:
- First Draft Site Allocations and Development Policies Document (SADPD);
- SADPD Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment;
- The Garden Village at Handforth draft supplementary planning document;
- Revised and updated Statement of Community Involvement; and
- A ‘call for sites’ that may be suitable for Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople accommodation.
The consultation documents are available on the Cheshire East website at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/localplan and in Cheshire East customer service centres and libraries. Responses should be returned to Cheshire East using the consultation portal on the website; by email to email@example.com; or by post to Spatial Planning (Westfields), C/O Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ by no later than Monday 22nd October 2108.
With reference to the Draft Site Allocations and Development Policies Document (SADPD), Disley Parish Council has issued a statement setting out the Parish Council’s position. This statement is available to view or download HERE and is also available from the Council Offices at Disley Community Centre.
Disley Parish Council has been informed that the Disley branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland is due for closure on 23rd January 2019. The Parish Council views this as real blow for Disley & Newtown residents and businesses. The Post Office will be able to provide some services but not all. There is more information about the closure and its’ impact, on the RBS website HERE.
A factsheet containing information on alternative services is available to download HERE.
Users of the Arnold Rhodes Play Area and Playing Fields are asked to note the area will be temporarily closed from Monday 10th September 2018. The closure is to allow the first phase of the park’s refurbishment work to be undertaken. We have been advised that the work will take approx. 3 weeks but will be dependant upon weather conditions. The work has been scheduled to coincide with the end of the school holidays.
Details of the refurbishment plans are available to view HERE.
In answer to the question: “Do you want Cheshire East Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Disley & Newtown to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?” the result was:
Yes – 552 votes
No – 79 votes
The official declaration is available to view HERE
From Monday 2nd July 2018, Disley Library will be introducing new opening hours as follows:
Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Thursday 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Rhymetime will now take place on Thursdays at 2:00pm. All other clubs remain unaffected.
More information about the library can be found HERE.