Policing in Disley and Newtown
Disley and Newtown is fortunate to have its’ own Police Community Support Officer (PCSO). PCSOs are employed, directed and managed by Cheshire Constabulary and work to complement and support regular police officers. They provide a visible and accessible uniformed presence to improve the quality of life in the community and offer greater public reassurance. Disley’s PCSO covers the entire Parish and works closely with Disley Parish Council to address anti-social behaviour, the fear of crime, environmental issues and other factors which affect the quality of life of Disley and Newtown residents and visitors. PCSO powers include:
- Issuing of fixed penalty notices (e.g. riding on footpath; dog fouling; litter)
- Power to confiscate alcohol and tobacco
- Power to demand the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner
- Power of entry to save life or prevent damage
- Removal of abandoned vehicles
A full list of PCSO powers can be viewed HERE
Disley and Newtown Policing Team
These social media accounts are not monitored 24 hours a day and should not be used to report crimes.
PCSO Evans holds regular surgeries at Disley Community Centre for face-to-face meetings. Times and dates will be advertised locally and are publicised on the Police Noticeboard at the Community Centre.
Contacting the Disley Policing Team
- Visit the PCSO at Disley Community Centre.
- Phone 101 and leave a message for the Disley PCSO.
In an Emergency always call 999
Disley TweetsTweets by @DisleyPC
Subscribe to our eBulletin
Tuesday to Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm
Our emails and answerphone continue to be regularly monitored.
We aim to respond to all queries within 48 hours.