Disley Parish Council Community Grant Scheme
Disley Parish Council has a modest annual budget set aside for community grants. A number of awards can be made each year to support community events and Disley-based voluntary organisations or societies. The grants are open to bona fide voluntary organisations or societies based in Disley and Newtown with a membership mainly comprising of local residents. Projects, events or programmes that can be shown to benefit our wider community as a whole will be given preference.
Grant Application Forms are available to download at: Community Grant Form, by phoning the Parish Council on 01663 762726, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or collection from the Parish Office at Disley Community Centre, off Buxton Old Road, Disley. SK12 2BB.
Applicants will be invited to discuss their application with Councillors at a Parish Council Meeting.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Grant Completion Form available at: Grant Completion Form.
2022/23 Community Grant recipients
- St. Mary’s Tots for Covid restart and new toys.
- Ram Green Bowling Club for bowling green improvements.
- Basement Youth Club for internal facilities and sports equipment.
- Disley & Newtown Climate Action Group for meeting Room hire and publicity material.
- Disley Parochial Church Council for a Musical Proms Event in April.
2021/22 Community Grant recipients
- Disley Allotment Association for additional fencing at Springfield Allotments.
- Disley Policing Team for Bike Register bike marking kits.
- Friends of Dane Hill Park Play Area contribution towards replacement trim trail equipment.
2019/20 Community Grant recipients
- Disley Football Club a contribution towards improved pitch drainage
- Disley Community Choir for new music scores
2018/19 Community Grant recipients
- PRIDE Well-Dressing towards the costs of the annual Well-Dressing Festival.
- Cheshire Police to help Disley youths take part in a county-wide football competition.
- Disley Methodist Church with part-funding of an external defibrillator unit.
- Disley Footpaths Society for membrane to help improve local footpaths.
- Disley Runners for a leader training course and banner.
North East Cheshire Community Partnership (NECCP)
Disley Parish Council is a member of the NECCP, an independent group representing the communities and health and well-being of Adlington, Bollington, Disley, Mottram St Andrew, Poynton, Prestbury, Kettleshulme, Rainow and Pott Shrigley.
The NECCP is given a budget by Cheshire East Council to help kickstart new projects or initiatives by the community for the community. Typically, grants of around £250-£500 are awarded.
There is more information at: NECCP website
Disley TweetsTweets by @DisleyPC
Subscribe to our eBulletin
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm
We aim to respond to all enquiries within 48 hours.