Disley Neighbourhood Policing Team

PC Dave Jackson

PC Dave Jackson

PCSO Chris Jackson

PCSO Chris Jackson

You can follow the Disley Policing Team on Facebook and Twitter

PCSO Chris Jackson will be holding regular weekly surgeries at Disley Community Centre. Details of dates and times will be posted shortly.

101_ (1)For Non-Emergency Incidents dial 101 



In an Emergency always call 999

When to call 101?
You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, you should call 101 if:
your car has been stolen
your property has been damaged
you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
Or to:
report a minor traffic collision
give the police information about crime in your area
speak to the police about a general enquiry
101 has been introduced as part of the government’s wider work to improve access to the police, ease pressure on 999, and help to efficiently and effectively tackle crime and disorder.
What is the difference between 101 and 999?
You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened. To contact the police for any other reason, call 101.
What does it cost to call 101?
Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobile networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone.
Why does it cost 15p to call 101?
The 15p cost of the call goes to the telephony providers to cover the cost of carrying the calls. The police and government receive no money from calls to 101.
Everyone calling the police for non-emergency matters now knows exactly how much a call will cost them, and can be assured of equal access whether they are on a pay-as-you-go mobile or a home landline.
Who will answer my 101 call?
Calls to 101 are answered by police officers and staff in the control room of the local police force. This ensures that staff with local knowledge can answer and deal with the calls and respond appropriately. You will not be put through to a large national call centre.When you call 101, the system will determine your location and connect you to the police force covering that area. You will hear a recorded message announcing the police force you are being connected to. If you are on a boundary between two or more forces, the recorded message will give you a choice of which force to be connected to.
I am deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, can I call 101?
Yes, you can textphone 18001 101.
What if English is not my first language?
Your local police have access to professional interpreters so they can quickly translate your call if you have difficulty speaking English.
What about reporting general nuisance or environmental issues?
You should continue to call your local council for things like:
reporting graffiti
dog fouling
abandoned vehicles
dumping and fly tipping
For more information on how to contact your local council please visit www.gov.uk/find-your-local-council.
Is 101 available outside England and Wales?
101 is only available if you are calling from England and Wales. If you need to contact a police force in England and Wales whilst you are abroad, please use the list of alternative numbers for the police forces. If you need to contact the Police Service of Northern Ireland please call 0845 6008000.
Is there an alternative number I can use to call to contact my local police force?
Whilst members of the public are encouraged to use the ‘101’ number to contact their local police force, where this is not possible, there is a list of alternative numbers which can be used for contacting police forces in England and Wales.

policeCheshire Constabulary’s Neighbourhood News Website

Disley Tweets

Subscribe to the Disley E-Bulletin

Hours & Info

01663 762726
Feel free to give us a call during office hours, or send us a message using our contact form. We aim to respond to all queries from our site within 48 hours.

Contact Box