2017 DISLEY BIKEFEST
Disley Parish Council is proud to be supporting the 4th Disley ‘BikeFest’ on Sunday 17th September. The event will be a fun-filled day of sports for the whole family.
Held at the Disley Amalgamated Sports Club from 12 until 5pm, there will be:
- 15k Mountain Bike Challenge (14+),
- Kids bike activities & competitions for all ages,
- Balance bike and Scooter fun course,
- Bike School – learn to ride in an afternoon!
- 8k Trail race (14+),
- Kids fun runs for all ages,
- Kids multi-sports activities with On Target in Sport,
- Have-a-go Cricket with Disley Junior Cricket Club,
- Watt Bike challenges
- Glitter ‘Festival’ face paints and hair chalks,
- FREE Bike and Scooter security marking by our PCSO,
- Kids Arts and Crafts,
- Bike Maintenance and Bike Swap – trade outgrown kids bikes for a bigger one,
- Presentation from Cllr Jackie Pattison on the Arnold Rhodes Playground improvements,
- Bouncy castle and much more…
The BBQ and Bar will be open all day and the lovely ladies from the WI will be providing tea and scrummy cakes to keep our energy levels up.
This year’s festival will be raising money for a new Bike and a Scooter shed for Disley Primary School to help promote cycling and health for our youngest residents.
Entry to the BikeFest is FREE but some activities and challenges will be chargeable. We aim to raise as much money as possible, so please come along and have a great family day out whilst supporting your local school.
Anyone who has been to the previous events will know what a fabulous day it promises to be so bring a picnic blanket, invite your friends and make an afternoon of it.
Follow the BikeFest on Facebook HERE to keep up to date with all the fun.
If anyone would like to volunteer to help run the event or local businesses would like a stall please give Tracey Taylor a call on 07568520811 or contact her on Facebook.
Disley BikeFest Timetable
- 11am: 15k Mountain Bike Challenge departs DASC (Age 14+. Register at 10.50am)
- 12pm: Disley BikeFest opens
- 12-5pm: Kids Bike activities and competitions, Balance bike and Scooter fun course, Bike School, Kids fun runs, Watt Bike Challenges, FREE bike security marking, Kids Arts and Crafts, Glitter ‘Festival’ face painting and hair chalks, Bike Maintenance stall, Kids Bike Swap, Bouncy Castle and much more…
- 12-2pm: Kids Multi-sports activities with Dan & Alex from OTIS
- 2pm: Have-a-go Cricket with Disley Junior Cricket Club
- 3pm: 8k Trail Race departs DASC (Age 14+. Register at 2.50pm)
- 4.30pm: Prize Giving
- 5pm: Disley BikeFest closes
The BikeFest flyer is available to download HERE
DISLEY CYCLING FESTIVAL – 2016 UPDATE
After careful consideration of the time and resources involved, Disley Parish Council has decided this event should be held every two years. This would schedule the next Cycling Festival for Summer 2017. Holding a biennial event will allow the Council more time to plan and sign up volunteers etc.
The Council appreciates that this may be a disappointment to the many visitors who attended the highly successful 2015 Festival but is sure that 2017 can be even better.
If you would like to get involved in the 2017 event as a volunteer, visitor or exhibitor, please contact the Parish Council at: mailto:email@example.com
DISLEY CYCLING FESTIVAL – 2015 REVIEW
Click here to see all the fantastic images from the 3rd Disley Cycling Festival held on Saturday 19th September at Disley Amalgamated Sports Club.
Disley Parish Council would like to say thank you to all of the volunteers who helped to organise the event and everyone who took part for their support in helping to make this event the best ever!